Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tord Boontje

Today I am sharing some of the fantastic work by Tord Boontje. He creates contemporary laser cut designs for a variety of outcomes; from build-it-youself light fixtures (sold in Habitat), branch-like chandeliers, curtains and screens, rugs and chairs (the list goes on!). Boonjte has also made many beautiful installations, one of which I have featured below. 'Happy Ever After' much like the majority of his work, was inspired by the idea of nature and technology coming together. He cuts wool and silk to create an organic atmosphere, and designs his chairs as if they were characters from a story. To find out more information and to explore Boontje's huge range of work take a look at his website. I have also been inspired by his work in past laser cut projects, my blog shows some of my own work and how Laser Cutting is found in all areas of design!
Abi x








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...