Friday, July 29, 2011

West of Whimsy - Photography!

#Happy Friday!

Today we are in for a lovely treat on the blog as I have the stunning work of Eileen Nishi from 'west of whimsy' to share with you all. I first met the talented photographer the amazing dowhatyouloveforlife retreat & I was wowed by her beautiful work.

Below you can see some of Eileen's favourite work & mine:) I just LOVE the 'palette' & 'green chair' images they just yummy, love the texures!

 Here's a little bit of background about Eileen's work:

"My photography journey started in July of 2007 with the purchase of my first “grown-up” camera – a Sony Cybershot DSC-HX1.  Looking through the lens provided a new view of the world for me and since then I’ve been capturing images that show my passion for nature, bright colors & bold patterns.

Originally hailing from Eugene, Oregon, I grew up without a TV on several acres just east of town.  My parents were avid gardeners and flower vendors at the local farmers market in the summer, so an appreciation for the outdoor aesthetic was naturally cultivated.


The acquisition of a new camera (Sony NEX5) and Lensbaby Composer lens has opened up a whole new world of photographic possibilities – the results of which can be seen in my recent work.


Other new creative endeavors include painting and mixed media collage – an outlet where I’m excited to be able to use my photography in a whole new way!
".
 










For more information or if you are interested in contacting Eileen:


 

1 comment:

  1. I love a bit of whimsy me!

    I just did a web design project where I included a bit of Winnie The Pooh-esque whimsical illustrations. LOVED that project :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...